Friday, October 3, 2008

The alarm went off and Lori hit the snooze several times. I thought I was going to get out of bed in time to wake the boys, but I fell asleep again and didn't wake up until 7am. I woke up Adam and Evan in time to drive them to school and we would have been on time, except, Evan could not find his shoes.

He was certain he took them off in the living room while watching Survivor. As I looked through the house I realized that Evan was mistaken. I asked him again where he took them off and then remembered he was watching TV in our bedroom earlier last night. I found them on the floor, under the window next to Lori's side of the bed.

I drove them to their respective schools and walked to the office with them. I believe that makes there tardiness excused. The reason I gave was the truth. Evan could not find his shoes. He is in a special ed class, they have to understand that it can be a challenge for him to remember where he left them.

I got home and woke Nathan up right away. I explained to him that I was running a little behind because I had to drive his brothers to school. He got up right away got dressed and was ready to go. He was happy that I found his missing jacket--it was hanging on a coat hook. Yes, a coat hook that is why he couldn't find it.

I got him to school on time and he rode right next to me. I felt a little rushed all morning, but getting him to school on time made me feel calm and relaxed. So, as I drove him I had to stop at The Riley Trails.

I took a walk on the trails again this morning. The foot bridge was slippery with frost. The woods were peaceful and there was a dense mist rising from Lake Riley. I walked out of the woods and around the lake as the sunlight was shining through the mist creating a bright glare. The amazing sight was seeing the melting droplets on the bridge reflecting in the sunglight. It was bright and sparkling.

I got home was going to blog about this morning right away but Lori called me to remind me that I had a doctor's appointment. Dr. Smith was glad to see that I lost 6 pounds and that I was doing better. He thinks the dizziness should improve. He gave me a perscription for a year supply of Prozac. I got home and I was tired and went to sleep. When Lori got home I was sleeping in bed.

I picked Nathan up at school and then drove to the Eye Doctor to pay a bill. I got home and finally took a shower and shaved. Lori had gone to the store and made a simple dinner of hotdogs and Lloyd's BBQ. I cleaned up after dinner and ran the dishwasher.

Evan, Nathan and I watched The Clone Wars on the Cartoon Network and I watched The Soup by myself.


No comments: