Thursday, October 23, 2008

What do you do when your brakes finally fail? Well, I decided to use my vacation day to get them repaired. We don't have the money of course, so I had to take out another 401k loan to get the money. Lori called Tuffy and they said the worse case scenario would be $800. They fixed the brakes on my blazer at the tune of $750. It needed new calipers, new roters, new shoes, new pads, new hoses. It was leaking brake fluid all over the guy said. I could barely stop my blazer. I had to come to stops really slow and the brake would go to the floor. It stopped but I sure didn't feel safe driving it. The money hasn't been despoited in our checking account yet, but I really won't need it it until Tuesday.



I raked the leaves two Fridays ago and Evan built a fire in the fire pit with just a little help from me. Today, you would never would have known I raked the leaves. The backyard was full of leaves. I worked on it four three hours and got most of them, but the wind blew and brought down some more.



The lawn was thick with leaves and tomorrow I am working on the front lawn. I came home from work Tuesday and saw a bucket truck and a larger chipper truck in my yard. The large oak tree in the front yard had a few limbs gone. I came inside and was surprised by all of this and asked my lovely wife, Lori, what was going on. I said, something like this, "are the tree trimmers from the electric company or we paying them?" She said that they came by and asked if we wanted the trees trimmed. They agreed to $100 down. They did a great job and they sped of the leaf falling rate.



Evan is a special child, and he loves trying to be a grown up and do things that he thinks grown ups do, such as, using knives. He was surprised that we gave him permission to make a fire. He tried starting it by burning a twig, I showed him to get a fire started by burning newspaper first. He got it going and kept it going. The idea was to burn all the twigs and branches that had fallen in the yard while I raked.



Today Evan stayed home today because his sinuses were congested. He wasn't feeling well. I let Lori decide. She knows how much school the boys have already missed. He wanted to play outside. I told him that if he felt good enough to play outside then I would drive him to school. He went back to bed for a little while then played downstairs.



We didn't have internet this morning; Lori paid the bill over the phone. Can't wait for my big paycheck and the money from the loan.

No comments: