Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Weekend

Friday morning I woke up around 6:15. Adam was already up and I woke Evan up for school. The morning went smooth, the two boys co-operated with me and they got the their bus on time. Evan didn't think it was warm enough for shorts so he wore his jacket to school. The temperature high on Friday was 77; shorts were appropriate weather attire.

I went back to bed until 7:50 and woke Nathan up for school. The night before he told me to pick out a red shirt for him to wear. I forgot, but he made sure that he wore a red shirt. He needed it for the fund-raiser laps he was running at school.

The fundraiser was wonderful! Rather than having the kids sell sub sandwiches and other items that no one really needs, (the kids never win the prizes for the big sales anyway) Nathan's school received funding from corporate sponsors and the parents just had to give $45 for each child at the school. The school raised over $15,000 and there will be no more fund raisers for the year! We are all happy about that.

Part of the celebration was that the kids ran laps. Nathan ran/walked six laps which was one mile. He was really hot and thirsty. He drank one glass of water and had one ICY POP. He still wanted water. All the students went back inside for a half hour of school. I drove to the gas station, bought five gallons of gas and two bottles of water.

I went back to the school and gave Nathan a bottle of water just before dismissal. We came home with the air conditioner blasting. He was happy. That night I gave him a shower because he was going to Marcie's party on Saturday.

Saturday morning I made breakfast for Lori, scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, two pieces of toast, orange juice and coffee. As soon as I started cleaning up the dishes, Evan came upstairs and asked for a scrambled egg. It never fails. He could have asked while I was breaking the eggs, but no, he waited until breakfast was over. Nathan just wanted Peanut Butter Toast, which is a very easy breakfast to make.

Lori and the kids went to Marcie's and I stayed behind much to my Mom's and my father-in-law's surprise. No one talks to me and they only give me mean looks. Staying home made me happy. My plan was to watch the Michigan game. Yahoo sports said the game started at 7:30, but it ended then. I only caught the last few minutes and saw that Michigan won with remarkable comeback. I watched the highlights and was able to read the play by play on the game on Yahoo, which on one page said the game was still in progress.

Today, I went to church and I drove my pastor home. That was fun. I told some of my fellow council members about my meeting with Brenda. I hope they decide to let her come and talk to us in November.






No comments: