Thursday, March 8, 2007

Being Right Doesn't Help

Today at work I encountered, first hand, how self-importance, and wanting to prove yourself, hinders, hurts, and opposes progression. We had a Quality transfer to our department who has about a year of service in our division. He wants to make a difference and make improvements, but with a very tricky catch, he want them done his way.

From my perspective, I have worked with him for the past year, he wants to show how much he knows and wants to prove that he is right. His instance on being right slowed us down by more than 74 per cent. We hardly got anything done today.

From the events of today, I learned that just because I may be right about something doesn't mean that I have to nor that I should hinder all those around me. I may be right about how to correct something but that doesn't mean I should stop other's progression or speak hurtful words about it.

In the world around me I see all to often how one person who insists that he is right will make the situation worse.

Ego has no place in a collective.

No comments: