Sunday, March 1, 2009

She got her Toshiba.

I promised Evan that I would take him to Meijer or anyplace to buy him Zebra Eco mechanical pencils. We found them at Meijer on clearance. He also saw PaperMate Erasable pens, and the lead refills for his Zebra Eco pencils. We went to the checkout lane and he picked out candy for his brother's. For Nathan he chose Sour Ice Breaker Mints and for Adam he chose M&M's. I called Lori on my "cell phone" and asked her if Best Buy called. They hadn't, so I went there and checked on her laptop. I was told 20 minutes and it would be ready. So, Evan and I played games while we waited. He played Rock Band and I played College Football. And we waited some more and we played some more, and I checked on the status and we walked around the store. I showed Evan the computer his mom picked out.

I played as Ohio State against Michigan hoping that my lack of game experience would help Michigan win. Well, it didn't work. But, the graphics are impressive and it is a fun game to play.

While I was playing College Football, a Direct TV sales lady was told me about a "great deal." Well, I am not sure of how great a deal this was, but I listening to her sales pitch and talking about "Top Chef" killed some time. I went back to find that Evan was looking for me and I watched him play more Rock Band. Not that I haven't seen him play Rock Band before--we have the game here and he plays it a lot. Well finally I was told that they were waiting for the final updates on Vista. I told them that I can finish those at home, because my wife really wants her new laptop. They packed it up for me and I brought it home.

When we got there I pointed out Venus to Evan and he was impressed with how bright it was. When we left, we couldn't see Venus. I am not sure why, but the moon had moved too. Best Buy must have different method for keeping time. Twenty of their minutes is an hour and 1o minutes on a standard clock.

So, Evan and I came home with all our goods. He was just as excited about his pens and pencils as Lori was about her new laptop. She was surprised to discover that it has a webcam built in.

She got it up and running and with her wireless mouse and carrying case, she is all set. This means, my laptop is mine again!!! She did thank me for allowing her to make the purchase. I wanted her to have her own, and I don't care if it does have a few more bells and whistles on it than mine. I really like this laptop.

I can't believe I am still up playing Mafia Wars on Facebook. But, here I am doing so. I am going to church tomorrow--I mean today.




No comments: