Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday! She is a getting a Toshiba!!

Friday was a pretty good day, so my weekend got off to a good start. By the way, I have vacation on Monday. I am in a play and it is rehearsing on Monday. I am so excited! We got our tax refund on Friday too, so I made the house payment two days early and paid the past due gas bill. It feels good to be caught up. We still have to watch our spending and I have to work every hour that I can--even that will still put us behind. How can I make more money? That is a question that put me back on Prozac.

Anyway, Lori decided that she wanted her own laptop computer, which means I get mine back for good! She won't have to use mine ever again. She told Adam that when she has it, that he is forbidden to music on it. He has uploaded quite the music library on mine and I am happy for it. He and I like many of the same songs, so I am not upset by it. What did upset me was that he deleted the photos off the flash drive to make more room for his videos, which he put on my laptop. Maybe someday he will have his own. There were some really good photos that I took and Lori cropped of the kids and her cousins that are gone forever.

Today Lori and I ran errands and I mean we were out of the house together for more than two hours. It was really a good time. We went out for lunch at a new Mexican Restaurant, the food was really good and Lori told me about a dream she had. I, of course, interpreted her dream for her. That was fun for me, I love doing that and it isn't very often that I get to do that for my wife. My marriage isn't healthy at all, but I still love her and I look for ways that I can connect with her.

After lunch we went to church so she could fill out her time card. The organist was rehearsing which made being there rather spiritual. I helped her sort the mail and read a newsletter from St. Luke's in Grand Rapids. I started to get a headache so I took one of Lori's Aleve, which did the trick because as I drink my third glass of wine, I don't have a headache at all. We left Peace Lutheran and returned Momma Mia to Family Video. Momma Mia was cute, but not great, and at time rather hokey, but I digress.

We then went to Best Buy where Lori and I purchased a Toshiba laptop for her. I am so excited! She will have her own laptop, FiNALLY! (can you tell that I am happy and excited for her?) We then went to Meijer and bought groceries for two weeks of meals. Menu planning has saved us a lot of money, although we spend more money in one trip to Meijer we are focused with our money and the kids know what to expect for dinner.

Our last trip was to Bob's Butcher Block where we got Sizzler's for dinner. Lori is grilling them now on her grill pan. It is a good day.

No comments: