Monday, March 2, 2009

Skit Rehearsal

I am cast as the wind in a St. Patrick's Day skit. This is the first time I have ever participated in a parade in Holland or a skit. In High School, I was in many plays and skits, but that was many many years ago. Darlene, who has been visiting Peace for three weeks now, asked me if I would be willing to be in a play. My role: The wind. How to personify moving air on a small stage? Well, she made me costume out of a sheer gray material and fake fur sown around the edges.

My fellow actors made a few silly comments about it, but they are dressed as grapes, St. Patrick and St. Urho. These are difficult times in which we live and a little silliness in a humorous can bring a little laughter where it is needed.

Today was the first rehearsal was today at Evergreen Commons. Pastor Mark is the narrator and John whose wife is Finnish, is one of the grapes. It was fun and I think we will get a few laughs out of it. It certainly was something fun to do on my vacation day. Although I am not Finnish nor Irish, I am having a good time being in this funny skit.

This morning felt like a Friday because I got the kids up and off to school. Nathan had T-O-A-S-T with P-E-A-N-U-T-B-U-T-T-E-R and large glass of orange juice for breakfast. I helped Evan get his pencil and pen and pencil refills situated in his planner. Adam was just slow getting up as usual.

After I drove Nathan to school, I went back to bed. Lori seemed irritated with that but she has Mondays off so he had a quite house to herself and with her own laptop to boot!

No comments: