Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tired today.

I don't know if it because I didn't sleep well last night or if it because I haven't been taking walks like a should. I feel like a hypnotist is saying, "you are getting sleepy....sleepy."

Soon, I will be off to bed, but I wanted to share my adventure in grilling chicken halves.

Lori bought four chicken halves on sale at Meijer. I thought grilling them would be a lot like grilling chicken pieces, mainly get the grill really hot then put the chicken on and turn the grill down and let it cook slowly. It started out fine but then got really rough. After I put the chicken on I went to get my book, The Da Vinci Legacy, and finished a chapter.

The smoke was rising thick out of the grill and I checked the chicken. The fat was dripping on the burner covers causing flames to shoot out above the grill rack. I moved them around but the flames continued to burn the chicken skin. I put all four pieces on the top rack but the flames continued to rise for awhile.

I turned them, watched them and finally they looked like they were cooked and I brought them in. The outside meat was white, but the inside was still a bloody reddish pink. Except for the most burnt piece that was actually cooked nicely, the chicken was just too raw to eat.

I microwaved some of it so it was edible but not very tasty. This was my first grilling disaster of the year. I was really upset with it. I don't know where I went wrong. Lori said she won't get that kind again because it is too difficult to grill.

Oh well, at least the kids ate something. Evan was the best and cut his own chicken and ate two legs and a wing.





No comments: