Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday

I finally gave home communion to the Jenny, an elderly woman in a nursing home. Her son, Bob, and my friend came with me. It was a real delight. Church was really good, today. I assisted, although I forgot that I was supposed to. I didn't sing the Kyrie, I spoke it. I just couldn't sing it and I didn't want to fail in the attempt when I could speak it in a more meaningful way.

I got home and helped Lori clean the house. My mom and step-dad were coming to visit on their way home from Boyne.

The day would have been boring by most standards, but I felt like I was busy and productive. I truly felt useful today. I went grocery shopping with Lori and Evan and Nathan. I cooked dinner, tacos and not very difficult at all, and I mowed the lawn.

I talked to my friend Deb. It always feels good to talk to a friend. I transcribed Pastor Mark's sermon. Although it has been a quiet day, I did get some things accomplished, and my mom and step-dad got to see the bathroom they paid for.

Friday night we went to the Harry Potter party at Barnes & Noble. We were there at midnight and had our Copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by 12:30am. I went to work on Saturday and slept most of the afternoon. We had pasta and meatballs for dinner.

No comments: