Sunday, July 8, 2007

Back to work

I enjoyed having a week long break from work. It began last Friday when I arrived at home 5:45 pm. I opened a bottle of chilled white wine and said, "My vacation begins now!" I seeded the lawn, placed paving bricks next to our back patio, and spent a lot fun time with my three boys. We went to the beach, swam, watched fireworks. We ate ice cream, McDonald's Value Meals and grilled food. We went to the nature center, played tag and watched DVDs.

I drank tequila, beer and wine. I stayed up late most nights and slept in most mornings. I worked on story that I am trying to write, but I keep losing focus on it. I really don't want to go back to work, but "my vacation ends tonight." The worst part was getting poison ivy and the best part was watching movies with my wife. I always think of things I should have done, but I always am happy with the fun I had.

If it weren't for a lousy job I could not appreciate the paid time off.

No comments: