Sunday, August 31, 2008

Last Day of August

Tuesday, Summer vacation ends for the children. August ends tonight. After church, I made lunch for myself and then for the kids. I started to feel a headache coming on. I was on our bed, relaxing and saw the sunlight on the trees. The kids were playing downstairs and didn't seem interested in doing much of anything.

So, I went for a long walk in the heat of the sun. I got sweaty and tired but I felt good for taking the walk. My shirt was sweaty. After I was home for about a half hour, I took a shower and then grilled the chicken for dinner.

Then during dinner, Nathan said he wanted to go the beach, and Adam and Evan said they wanted to go too. So we got there before sunset. Evan,Nathan and I went into Lake Michigan and played tag and splash tag. Then we walked on the pier and saw my pastor and his wife.

We managed to make it through summer vacation without poison ivy attacks nor major sunburns. I guess I did learn something from last years mistakes. The children learned the benefits of sunscreen. Nathan carries the bottle of sunscreen to the beach every time we go to the beach and asks me to spray it on him.

We managed to develop a routine when we swim which makes it easier for me. Everyone carries something.





No comments: