Sunday, August 3, 2008

Beach fun and loss

I took the youngest two of our three children to the beach yesterday. The red flag was flying because the wind was strong and the waves were high. I didn't let that stop of us from going in Lake Michigan. Since my childhood, I have gone into Lake Michigan with high and strong waves.

The waves knock us around. I can body surf them as well. They are a lot of fun. Nathan lost his red goggles when I wave crashed over his head, and I lost my eyeglasses. Yes, I went swimming with my glasses on. I wanted to be able to see the kids at all times.

I called Lori on my cell phone and asked her to drive Adam to the State Park. I was hoping he would swim too, but he didn't. Adam brought my safety glasses to me so I could at least drive home. We walked on the pier where Nathan and I got splashed hard by a large wave that crashed in front of us. It reminded me of the time my mom and I got hit with a wave on the St. Joe Pier while wearing our Sunday Church clothes.

We went back into the water until we were tired and hungry. My legs are a little sore today, but it was a lot fun. We didn't lose anything we can't live without, but I won't be swimming with my glasses anymore. This is my last pair.

No comments: