Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day

We usually eat appetizers and watch Christmas movies on New' Years Eve. Then, we watch the ball drop at Time's Square. This year we ordered from Pizza Hut and watched VH1. I was really upset that we didn't get to see the ball drop on Times Square because our local ABC channel broadcast a ball drop at Grand Rapids, which was rather disappointing.


Evan and Nathan watched Charlie Brown Christmas and Christmas Story in Lori's and my bedroom while Adam and I watched music countdowns on VH-1. After midnight Evan and Nathan went to bed and Adam played Rock Band 2. Lori and I played hangman on Pogo and drank. We all went to bed at 4:30.

We were all rather sluggish this morning. Nathan had leftover pizza, hotwings and a breadstick for brunch and a Lunchable for lunch. Evan had a Lunchable for lunch. I had the breakfast of chapions, cold pizza and a coke, which brought back memories of High School and College years. How else to great the late morning of the New Year?

At some point Evan and Nathan turned on the Cartoon Network where a Looney Toons marathon was being broadcasts. Time slipped away from me and I sat in the living room with those two and watched cartoons I hadn't seen in years. We laughed as Wile E Coyote's elaborate plans to catch The Roadrunner backfired on him as did Elmer Fudd's double barreled shotgun when Bugs Bunny stuck his fingers into it.

After awhile, the two boys got restless and Adam was still sleeping. I took Evan and Nathan to the Nature Center and Timber Town. Had this been Spring, Summer or Fall it would have been quite and outing. On New Year''s Day, it was an adventure in not slipping and falling on the ice, while trying to enjoy favorite places. The upside was that we were the only people at both places.

We got home and found that Adam was awake and then we went out to dinner at Grand King Buffet. None of us left hungry. After we got home, I took a nap in my chair. Gosh! my life is exciting.

No comments: