Sunday, September 30, 2007

WOW!

Talk about the proverbial wake up call! I know that I can write pretty well, and I am pretty good speaker as well. I could never believe that I have the gift to preach. I always thought that God reserved the gift of preaching to those who are ordained ministers, and I would never be able to preach ever again. I received an A- on the Introduction to Preaching class I took ten years ago at Western Theological Seminary. Upon hearing that my friend Barbara told me that was 10 years too long. I was honored to preach at Extended Grace in Grand Haven and I made sure that I told the 12 people who were there that it was indeed an honor and privilege to preach to them. I did not take it lightly at all.

Today at the Bible Study class ,after the worship service, my pastor asked me to share with the class what I knew about the Hilkiah and Jeremiah. He knew what I knew because of the sermon I preached at Extended Grace. I e-mailed him a copy of my sermon.

Now what do I do? I did something and it has been affirmed. A true wake up call.

No comments: